Passage: Romans 8:1-13
Memory Verse for the Week: Romans 8:1 (ESV)
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
A GOD WHO CONDEMNS
Why do we dislike a God who would condemn people?
LIVING BY THE SPIRIT, NOT BY THE FLESH
Who does this describe?
THE SMILE OF GOD
What motivates your obedience?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD, that He is both a God who condemns sin and brings justice, and yet is merciful and loving on account of His beloved Son Jesus.
2. How have you lived as if you are still under God’s condemnation for sin? Confess your need to God and ask Him to show you His love and delight in you.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His willingness to go to the cross and take on the condemnation we deserved. Thank Him that it is only through Him that we can experience the love and smile of the Father.
4. Who do you know that is bogged down by the shame of their sin and is living condemned? Or who do you know who only serves God out of drudgery and obligation? Pray for them, asking the Lord to reveal His love for them and to help you love them as well.
5. Read Isaiah 43:1-4. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you with His love and help you set your mind on Him so that you can serve Him with your whole heart.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.