The Joy of Having God’s Word
Memory Verse for the Week: Luke 2:29-32
29 “Lord, now you are letting your servant depart in peace, according to your word; 30 for my eyes have seen your salvation 31 that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, 32 a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel.”
Intro: Do you know anyone who consistently keeps their word?
I. THE FATHER’S GOOD PLAN
How does God’s Word work in the ordinary?
II. THE SPIRIT’S LEADING
What has God said that is extraordinary?
III. THE SON’S EXECUTION
But all along, God’s Word was meant for our hearts…
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
1. Worship the LORD for His trustworthiness and the gift of His Word. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for revealing Himself in Scripture and also His good design for how we live.
2. How have you lived antagonistically toward what God has revealed in His will? Confess your pride to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you for your defiance and work into you His true and loyal heart.
3. Give thanks to Jesus for His execution – in being put to death for our guilt, and for succeeding in obeying where we have utterly failed. Thank Him for accomplishing what we never could.
4. Who do you know that does not think of God as their Lord or themselves as His servant? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them come to see how worthy He is and how sinful they are.
5. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of faithfulness. Pray that He would give you a greater and greater sense of just how good God is, and how good it is for you to live in keeping with His design.