God’s Satisfaction of Justice
November 19, 2017 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: Romans: From Faith to Faith
Passage: Romans 3:23-26
Scripture Memory for the Week: Romans 3:23-24
"23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus."
Worship Folder | Fill-in Outline
Intro: How do we get out of consumption and into love?
What does it mean to have fallen short of God’s glory? We have fallen short of Him our Maker – because He is the goal & the standard.
GOD IS MERCIFUL & JUST
While it’s clear that God is merciful and compassionate, what if He also is righteous and just?
TRUSTING JESUS YOUR SUBSTITUTE
How does this all become yours personally?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD for His goodness and grace. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His good design – for His life-giving power over all existence and for creating us in His likeness.
- Consider our sin here in two directions: How have you lived in pride, thinking, “I’m not that bad”? Or how have you lived in fearful unbelief, thinking, “I’m too bad”? Agree with Jesus that you are what He says you are, but also that He is what He says He is, the Savior of sinners.
- Read Luke 18:9-14. Give thanks to Jesus for His work to propitiate your sin – both satisfying the just punishment you deserve and achieving the righteous standard that the Father made us to fulfill. Thank Him for doing everything necessary to save you!
- Who do you know that seems burdened by their guilt? Pray for them, asking the Lord to work joy in their heart and security in the grace of Jesus – that the Lord would drive away their fear with His perfect love.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to work into you His hope. Pray that He would help you rest – to trust that the work of Jesus is great enough and good enough to overcome whatever would keep you from Him.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Romans: From Faith to Faith
November 25, 2018The Obedience of Faith
November 18, 2018Names Matter Because People Matter
November 11, 2018Pushing Onward