Faith in God's Mercy
Passage: Genesis 18:16–33
Intro: Does Lakeland need another church?
God Hates Sin
Is sin that bad? Did Sodom deserve to be destroyed? Does our city deserve the same?
God Loves the Righteous
What is God’s relationship with the righteous? How do we get into that relationship?
God Hears Our Pleas For Our Friends
As God’s friend, Abraham brought people he loved to God’s attention. Did God listen? Does he listen to us?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship God the righteous and just One. Praise Him that He deals strongly with sin and will one day eradicate it from all creation.
- In what ways have you minimized your own sin and not fought strongly against it? Confess the full extent of your wickedness to God and receive his forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
- Give thanks to Jesus for being the fully righteous God-man, who exchanged his righteousness for our wickedness, making us friends with God.
- Who in your life is unaware of the consequence of their wickedness against a holy God? Plead to the Lord on their behalf, that they would be awakened to their dire situation and cry out for mercy.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to deepen your gratitude for the grace of Jesus, pursuing you in your lostness, so that it may overflow into your gracious pursuit of your lost friends.