The Ultimate Reversal
Passage: Ruth 4:1–17
Intro: What is the greatest reversal you’ve personally witnessed?
THE POWER & COST OF HARDSHIP
In unbelief, how can we live like hardships and suffering are permanent?
A GREATER LOVE
What changed the story for Naomi & Ruth?
AN EVEN GREATER HOPE
How is the LORD the God of the most ultimate reversal?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD, God Almighty, for whom nothing is too difficult. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His omnipotence and His goodness to powerfully work all things together for our good.
- How have you lived as if hardships are permanent? Or how have you avoided others in hardship because of how costly they are? Confess your unbelief and loveless heart to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and change you.
- Give thanks to Jesus for His great work to bear your hardships and commit to you in the midst of just how costly you are! Thank Him for owning you and for being willing to do what no one else would do to save you.
- Who do you know that is willing to own you even when you fail? Thank the Lord for them, and pray for them, asking the Lord to sustain them and to help you learn from them about true love.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the hope of Jesus in His redeeming power because of His steadfast character and the power of His resurrection victory. Read Isaiah 61:1-3 and pray for that hope!
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.