Redeemed & Living Redemptively
May 28, 2017 Speaker: Tim Rice Series: Ruth
Passage: Ruth 2:17– 3:13
Intro: What’s it like to be in need, and how do you typically respond?
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
How did Naomi work to position herself under God’s promises?
THE CRITICAL DECISION
What does it look like to walk by faith, not by sight?
THE ENDURING HOPE
What does a Redeemer do?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD our Redeemer! Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is a Husband to His people and that He is trustworthy to meet our needs and never abandon us.
- Facing times of need, how have you responded either by hiding or living in despair? Confess your unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and secure you by His undying covenant love.
- Give thanks to Jesus for the beauty of His heart to do whatever was necessary to cover us as His bride. Thank Him for His courage to seek us when we were outsiders, to be with us and offer what others wouldn’t.
- Who do you know that is crushed by their sense of need? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make Himself known to them, and also, where possible to use you to help meet needs that you can address.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to grow in you a heart of compassion for the weak and vulnerable. Pray for insight into how Jesus, as your Redeemer, has covered you in order to fuel you to joyfully seek to cover others.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
More in Ruth
June 11, 2017Journey of Hope
June 4, 2017The Ultimate Reversal
May 21, 2017Loyal Love