Passage: Ruth 1:1–1:9, Ruth 1:14–1:18, Ruth 2:1–2:1, Ruth 2:8–2:12
Intro: Why did God give His people a love story to encourage them during one of Israel’s darkest times?
Love for Hard Times
How is love a powerful force in a broken world? What kind of love do we need to find hope in hard times?
What makes God’s kind of love (loyal, covenant love) different from our kind of love?
Taking Refuge under God’s Wings
How is loyal love possible? Why do we need to embrace and experience God’s love before we can love others well?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Praise God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for His steadfast love for you and all of His people. Worship Him for delighting in you and never letting you go!
- How have you lived with a “me-first” attitude—aiming to satisfy yourself before thinking about blessing others? Confess your sin to Jesus, and ask Him to forgive you and to fill you with His love.
- Give thanks to Jesus for committing to your good even at the cost of His own life. Praise Him that you were brought from darkness to light by His life, death, and resurrection.
- Who do you know that struggles to be sure of God’s love for them? Pray for them, asking God to give them a deep confidence in His unbreakable love.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of loyal, covenant love. Pray for the people in your life, asking God to give you His kind of love for them.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.