Passage: 1 Corinthians 15:14–15:22, 1 Corinthians 15:50–15:58
Intro: What was your first collision with the desperate need for hope?
VANITY OR PURPOSE, DESPAIR OR HOPE?
What happens when we confuse the temporary with the eternal?
HOW DOES JESUS SAVE US?
How has Jesus answered all aspects of the problem of death?
SHIFTING GEARS – CHANGING REALMS
What is gestation? Whatever it is, it’s a time of preparation for a vastly bigger realm.
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD, the Great I AM, that He is the Giver of Life and that He cannot be thwarted. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that by Jesus’ resurrection He has guaranteed His people hope by the defeat of all evil!
- How have you lived vainly investing in this world, and (passively) doubting the Lord’s worth? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and free you from bondage to death.
- Give thanks to Jesus for His power to defeat evil, specifically dying to remove your guilt and raised to heal death and destruction. Thank Him for His victory, and for sharing it with all who trust Him.
- Who do you know that is in desperate need of hope? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them to see Jesus’ victory over death and evil (and help you to communicate it well).
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 & 5:5-7. Ask the Holy Spirit to grow your experience of hope because of all that He guarantees to you. Pray for greater hope because of Jesus’ resurrection from the dead!
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.