The Seven Deadly Sins: Lust
Passage: 1 Corinthians 6:9-20
Intro: Disagreement does not equal hate (summary of my week)...
WHY DO WE BELIEVE THERE IS A PROBLEM?
Many in our culture do not believe that lust is a problem (asking, “Who are you to judge?”) So do you believe that God is real, that He has a specific design, and that He has revealed this design?
WHY DO WE BELIEVE THERE’S HOPE?
What has Jesus done to offer us hope – to justify, satisfy and liberate us?
WHAT WOULD A HOLY LIFE LOOK LIKE?
Remember that holy = incomparable. So what would it look like, in our time and culture, to live like no one else does?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD for His greatness and His goodness (“God is great, God is good…”). Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for His good design and His profound love to save sinners like us, and so anyone.
- How have you lived lustfully, craving what God has made more than you have hungered for Him? Confess your folly, your pride and your willfulness to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to truly change your heart.
- Give thanks to Jesus for His beauty and His fullness. Thank Him for beautifully loving you when you were ugly, for sacrificing for you when you were selfish; and thank Him for staying with you when no one else does.
- Who do you know whose life is so broken that it appears beyond recovery? Pray for them, asking the Lord to reveal His kindness and power to save anyone, and that He would change their life.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of holiness and faithfulness. Pray that He would help you to be true to God’s good design (especially sexually) and that He would help us to live as a community that’s incomparable with anything in this world.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.