The Seven Deadly Sins: Greed
Passage: Luke 12:13-21
Intro: How does my view of God affect how I think about possessions?
THE ULTIMATE PROBLEM
What is greed? It is faith in possessions, unbridled (like kudzu).
THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION
What does it mean, “Your soul will be required of you”?
JUST & GENEROUS
What does it mean to be rich toward God?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD that He has given us nothing less than His Son on the Cross and His Spirit to live in us. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit for His generosity, especially in light of our greed and selfishness.
- How have you lived loving things more than your neighbor, and loving yourself more than God? Confess your arrogance and self-inflation to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to change you to be genuinely loving.
- Give thanks to Jesus when His life was required of Him, to save us, He did not hesitate to give. Thank Him for letting go of His privileges to bless us when we’ve forfeited any rights to any wealth or any privilege.
- Who do you know that struggles with greed (and they don’t have to be wealthy)? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them to see His generosity and grace, and to turn from their selfish way of living.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love and joy. Pray that He would help you to be so filled with God’s lavish generosity toward you that, overflowing with His love, you’d grow more and more generous.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.