The Seven Deadly Sins: Sloth
Passage: Psalm 119:25-32, Galatians 6:9-10
Intro: What comes to mind when you consider the sin of sloth?
The Melting Soul
When have you experienced a “melting soul”? How often have you quit on the pursuit of good because it proved too costly? Why do we do that?
God’s Promises Kept
How has God worked in Christ to strengthen our weak hearts? How much did loving us cost Him?
Heart Set Free
How does grace “enlarge” our hearts? How does freedom in Christ enable us to give ourselves away for God’s glory and the good of our neighbors?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for His untiring, self-giving love. Praise Him that He is always generous and has enriched all of creation (including us) with His wealth!
- How have you failed to care about God and what He loves? Do you tend to quit or escape when loving God and others becomes difficult? Confess your sloth to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and fill you with His strength to love.
- Give thanks to Jesus for enduring the high cost of loving you by paying your debt on the cross. Praise Him that God’s love is poured into your heart through His life, death, and resurrection (Romans 5:5)!
- Who do you know that struggles to find meaning or purpose in life? Pray for them, asking God to reveal Himself to them as the highest of all joys.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to revive your heart and give you the strength to run after God and love others even when it’s costly.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.