The Seven Deadly Sins: Envy
Passage: James 4:1-5
Intro: How ubiquitous is envy? Just look at advertising…
DOUBTING GOD’S SUFFICIENCY
If pride was unbelief or contention with God’s supremacy, what is envy?
JESUS IS ENOUGH
No matter your circumstances, Jesus is enough and He has done enough.
JOY & CONTENTMENT
How does the Gospel source a life of joyful contentment?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD for His sufficiency. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is infinite, and therefore He cannot be exhausted or ever run out.
- How have you lived ungratefully, envious or selfishly? Confess your unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and to fill your heart as only He can.
- Give thanks to Jesus for His miraculous generosity and sufficiency. Thank Him that He is enough and that He has done enough by His atoning work and the gift of His Spirit.
- Who do you know that lives grumbling, complaining or envying others? Pray for them, asking the Lord to open their eyes to their unbelief AND His glorious sufficiency.
- Read 1 Timothy 6:6-11. Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of love, especially because of His loving sufficiency. Pray for such joy at His unending love and provision that you would live in grateful love and generosity.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.