The Seven Deadly Sins: Pride
Passage: Luke 18:9-14
Intro: How does fitness require attention to more than just one topic?
CONTENDING FOR SUPREMACY
What is pride, and what is its root?
HAVE MERCY ON ME!
Jesus embeds a promise of atonement, “God! Propitiate me!”
GOING HOME JUSTIFIED
How are we changed by the Gospel? What does it mean to be justified?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD for His atoning mercy. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is gracious to the humble but guarantees that the proud will be humbled.
- How have you lived exalting yourself and tearing others down, all the while blind to your fight with God? Confess your blind arrogance to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and heal your heart.
- Give thanks to Jesus for humbling Himself to bear the costs of all our arrogance! Thank Him for loving you enough to work to kill your pride (lest it destroy you) so that you could be freed and forgiven.
- Who do you know that resists humility (and it may be you)? Pray for them, asking the Lord to have mercy on them and to grant them a soft heart.
- Read 1 Peter 5:5-10. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you power to humble yourself under God’s mighty hand, trusting that in due time, He will keep His promise to you too and raise you up and establish you in Christ
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.