My Cup Overflows
Passage: Psalm 23:1-6
Intro: a battlefield meal, where we’re celebrated with a super-abundance
THE LORD OUR PROVIDER
How can you see in the LORD’s character and design a heart for hosting?
WANDERING & TERRIFIED
In unbelief, how do we live like orphans or lost sheep?
A COSTLY MEAL
Why is this extravagant hospitality from the LORD so costly?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD for His generosity and grace (He is infinite). Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He is inherently lavish in His creation and saving love.
- How have you lived in fear and anxiety doubting that the LORD would ever feed, welcome or provide for you? Confess your unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you (for insulting His generosity) and secure you.
- Give thanks to Jesus for being an incomparable host. Thank Him for His amazing grace to welcome you because He was rejected; to celebrate you even when He would be cast out; and heap blessings on you at the loss of all He had.
- Who do you know that is a genuinely generous host, especially to outsiders or those who can never repay? Pray for them, asking the Lord to strengthen them in their generosity, and to help you learn from them.
- Read John 7:37-39. Ask the Holy Spirit to secure you in His inexhaustible supply to you. Pray for the persuasion of an overflowing cup – that the LORD is glad to host, celebrate and provide for you in Christ!
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.