The LORD's Guidance & Protection
Passage: Psalm 23:1-6
Intro: How does discipline fit with God’s love and grace?
GOD’S TOOLS FOR OUR GOOD
What does it mean – “Your rod and your staff they comfort me”?
OUR PRIDE (OR FEAR)
How does pride raise the volume on your own voice and diminish others?
HIS EVER-PRESENT GRACE
How does the LORD work to save us from sin’s effects?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD that He leads and protects us as His people. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that no one and no thing can possibly overcome His infinite, sovereign power and goodness (He IS holy).
- How have you lived doubting either that you’re really wrong (pride) or that you’re really safe (fear)? Confess your unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and secure you as only He can.
- Give thanks to Jesus for the miracle of His work to defeat every threat against us. Thank Him for dying to defeat your guilt (which would justly end in hell), and for His resurrection to defeat death.
- Who do you know that lives over-confidently? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them see their folly, and their need for His correction and His guidance.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to welcome Jesus’ correction where you’re idolatrous (I’m wrong), and to secure you where you’re afraid (I’m safe in Christ). Pray that the Holy Spirit would help you trust Jesus to outstrip every competing promise or lie.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.