Paths of Righteousness
Passage: Psalm 23:1-6
Intro: “He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.”
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE LED?
What does it mean to be led by God?
AND LED WHERE, TO WHAT?
His leadership is in paths of righteousness.
HIS HOLY NAME
What has the LORD done that brings honor where I caused dishonor?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD for His good and wise leadership. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that He goes first – in all ways – in loving us, providing for us, redeeming us, and in daily guiding us in His good design.
- How have you lived as if God’s leadership is foolish or wrong? Confess your pride and unbelief to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and change your defiant heart to be truly trusting and loyal.
- Give thanks to Jesus for His work to redeem us rather than abandoning us as He justly could. Thank Him for identifying with you, bearing your guilt by His death, and restoring you to wholeness by His resurrection power.
- Who do you know that is suspicious of God’s leading? Pray for them, asking the Lord to make known to them His wise, shepherding care.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of faithfulness. Jesus’ loyalty implanted in you is good news! So ask for the Spirit to help you live faithfully following the Father’s leadership.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.