The Shepherd Drives Out Fear
Passage: Psalm 23:1-6
Looking ahead to Sunday's sermon please read the Scripture Passage and consider these points.
Intro: Would you agree that we live in a “age of fear”? How can we be delivered from fear?
The Valley of Deep Darkness
What is the “valley of the shadow of death”? Why does everyone have to walk through it? What affect does it have on us?
Fear No Evil
What are our common responses to fear? Why do these responses fail to bring us the freedom we’re looking for?
God with Us
How does Christ’s coming to dwell with us as our Shepherd drive out fear? Do you live as though He is with you always?
You can pray with us . . .
- Worship the LORD, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for His ownership of and care for all things in creation. Wonder at the truth that nothing is outside His Fatherly control!
- How have you lived dominated by fear? How have you tried to find refuge in your own resources and in other created things? Confess your stubbornness to Jesus, asking Him recover you, wash you, and restore you to your Shepherd’s flock.
- Give thanks to Jesus for joining you in your sin and suffering so that you could be restored to relationship with God forever. Praise Him that through His death and resurrection He is with you through everything in life.
- Who do you know that is struggling to find meaning and hope in suffering? Ask God to open their eyes to see the light of Christ (God with us) in the valley of darkness.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to give you a personal experience of God’s presence with you because of Christ’s work on your behalf. Reflect on God’s promise (Isaiah 43:1-7) to be with us as you pray.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.
Full Service Audio