Seeing What God Has Done
Dear Members & Attenders,
When the LORD led His people, Israel, across the wilderness and finally into the Promised Land, He ended a series of conspicuous miracles with one more big one. He miraculously stopped the flow of the River Jordan so that they could walk across on dry land. If you think about it, that would be an amazing sight to witness!
But the act wasn’t all that the LORD wanted to occur. He also wanted them to remember it. The LORD did this so that they would be encouraged for their future! It’s a simple line of reasoning: “As I do this, trust Me for whatever you face going forward.”
At our 20 year mark, I would ask you to look around you – figuratively speaking, like Israelites crossing a dried up River Jordan, look at the stones under your feet that represent miracles. Whatever Trinity is as a congregation, the LORD has done this. This is His great work to save sinners like us.
So, to celebrate HIM, and HIS work, please join us Sunday night at 5:00 p.m. at Branscomb Auditorium on the campus of Florida Southern College. Incidentally, it will be the first time all of our daughter churches (and one grand-daughter church) will have worshipped all together under one roof.
And on a personal basis, please pray for me – 3 weeks of allergies and laryngitis have been frustrating. My chest hurts from coughing. I lost my voice January 10th, and it’s been raspy still for the last several days. Please pray for my healing and for the LORD to (mercifully) restore my ability to speak plainly and clearly.
Things to pray for:
- Please thank the LORD for all that He has done to redeem people like us. Thank Him for His works to save us in Christ, plus take us into His family as His very own people.
- What are the conspicuous markers in your life and story of where God has done something to redeem even you? Read Joshua 3-4 and name these things in gratitude to the LORD. And ask how you can bear witness to others of His good works.
- How does God doing amazing things in the past give you hope for the future? Ask the Lord Jesus to anchor your hope in His coming to this earth, in His death and resurrection. He has done these things! Ask Him to help you trust Him for whatever you face going forward.
- Give thanks for the faith of all the various core groups that have launched out, trusting the Lord: for Trinity, Christ Community, Redeemer Lakeland, Redeemer Winter Haven, Strong Tower, Redeemer Southwest and the core group now forming for Good Shepherd in SE Lakeland.
- And pray for God’s works going forward to form the core groups who will help launch with Stan & Stacey McMahan in Mulberry, and with Josh & Liz Floyd in North Lakeland.
- Please pray for my allergies, sinusitis, bronchitis, and laryngitis (a lot of –itis) :)
Tim Rice, Lead Pastor & Director of Church Planting
Trinity Presbyterian Church
301 N. Florida Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33801