God’s Faithfulness vs. Our Sin
Passage: Romans 3:1-22a
Scripture Memory for the Week: Romans 3:21-22
"21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe."
Intro: How is it possible to trust in Christianity and not actually trust in Jesus?
I. OUR COMMON BOND
How do we share a common problem?
II. A CAUSE FOR SILENCE, NOT BOASTING
What is the function of God’s law?
III. GOD’S SUPREME POWER & WISDOM
Why do we believe that God is wise and faithful even when His people have failed?
YOU CAN PRAY WITH US…
- Worship the LORD for His holy and good character. Praise Him, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, that He has revealed His character in His good commands.
- How have you lived as a law unto yourself, turning to your own will rather than seeking God or His will for your life? Confess your pride to Jesus, asking Him to forgive you and change you.
- Give thanks to Jesus for the miracle of His faithfulness and power. Thank Him for obeying (even to die) in our place and for conquering sin, death and hell to save us!
- Who do you know that really feels the weight of their sin and failures? Pray for them, asking the Lord to help them to find hope in Him vs. trying to save themselves by their own efforts.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to bear in you the fruit of faithfulness. Pray that the Spirit would grow in you a true love for the LORD vs. selfishness, and true humility vs. pride.
The Facilitator is a study tool designed to help you engage with the weekly sermon through the five elements we incorporate in our Community Groups; Get Acquainted & Sharing, Sermon Study, Mission, Worship and Prayer. This tool will be made available Monday morning to give us the opportunity to look back at what we heard on Sunday.